The best magazine
How to Replace the Starter on the Celebrity
- 1). Open the engine compartment and disconnect the negative battery cable using a wrench to loosen the nut on the terminal.
- 2). Jack the Celebrity up with the automobile jack. Place a jack stand under the Chevy near the jacking point and raise it to the frame.
- 3). Crawl under the Celebrity and remove the heat shield from the starter using a wrench to remove the nut.
- 4). Label the electrical leads to the starter using the masking tape and a marker. Note the proper location of each wire. Disconnect the wires using a wrench to remove the nuts.
- 5). Remove the starter mounting bolts using a socket and ratchet and pull the starter away from the engine. Some Chevrolet automobiles use shims when mounting the starter. If yours uses them, note the location of them for replacement of the new starter.
- 6). Put the new starter and any shims in place and tighten the bolts with the socket and ratchet. Connect the electrical wires and tighten the nuts with the wrench. Replace the heat shield over the starter and tighten the nut with a wrench.
- 7). Remove the jack stand from under the Celebrity. Lower the vehicle to the ground. Connect the negative cable on the terminal and tighten the nut.