The best magazine
How to Capture HVX200 to FCP
Capturing from MiniDV
- 1). Connect the Firewire cable from the camera to the Firewire port on the computer.
- 2). Insert the MiniDV tape into the HVX200.
- 3). Turn the camera on and press the mode button so the VCR light turns on.
- 4). Click on "File" in Final Cut Pro, then click on "Capture..." The capture tool will open up.
- 5). Click the rewind button until the tape is fully rewound, then click on the "Now" button in the bottom, right corner of the tool under the "Capture" heading.
Capturing from P2
- 1). Insert the P2 card into the camera.
- 2). Connect the Firewire cable from the camera to the computer.
- 3). Turn the camera on, then press the menu button and go to "9-Other Functions." Press "Set."
- 4). Use the up and down arrows to navigate to "PC Mode," then press "Set." Choose 1394 Device.
- 5). Press the Mode button on the camera. The VCR light will turn on.
- 6). Click on "File," then "Import." Click on "Panasonic P2."
- 7). Enter a reel name, then select the clips you want to import. Select more than one clip at a time by holding down the command button while clicking. Click the "Import" button.